Cake By The Pound [March]

I don't know many people that don't like a good pound cake. Whether it's lemon, glazed or sour cream. So that's what I'm trying next. Maybe with fresh fruit on top? Whipped cream? What do you like on your pound cake? 

Anyway, I wanted to try something different. And by different I mean, really different. I landed on a recipe for Chocolate Orange Pound Cake. How's that sound? 


In theory it sounds good. But in reality,  I'm not sure it did it for me. I've had this planned for March, for a while so I decided to get it over with. Got my ingredients out. And started going. Jumping ahead a little, I was even able to actually ZEST an orange. 


And the first thing I do is misinterpret Step2. Luckily that was the beginning so I trashed that and started fresh. 


Overall it was pretty simple to make. The fun part was mixing it aaaall together.  
"Add the flour mix and milk mix, alternately,  blending after each addition." LOL this almost didn't go over so well. 

The recipe says to use a 9x5 pain but I don't have that. I do have two slightly smaller loaf pans that seemed to do the trick.
Into the oven. 1:30 on 350°. Somewhere around 45min I began to smell it. Smells yummy. Then around an hour or so, I really began to smell it. Me thinks it's time to take them out. And so I did. They look scrumptious. 
 
****COOL DOWN*****

Before I go to bed I anxiously await cutting into it. Edges are a little hard. The end wasn't so tasty to me. Dry maybe? But the innards taste better. What I don't taste is the chocolate or the orange. Slightly bummed by that. 
Either way, I've gotten one "its good" and waiting results from 2 others. 
Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts