A Loaf of Bread

I remember being in Home Economics class at James S Rickards High School and baking the best loaf of bread I'd had (at the time). I'm not even sure what it was, I just remember pouring butter and lemon into the center and it tasting food. So for a while now, I'd had a 'craving' of sorts for making a loaf of bread. I think it started with seeing bananas that #BabyBoyMcNear hadn't eaten, start to ripen/brown and thinking, "What can I do with those?" Banana nut bread sounds yummy. But then, something about Orange Cranberry Bread (especially warmed) sounds even better. And then I saw a deal on loaf pans. That was a sign. 
SILIVO Silicone Bread and Loaf Pans
What I didn't realize was cranberries are seasonal. Never paid attention to it. So when I went to the store to get fresh cranberries, they didn't have any. I purchased everything else that I needed but still needed cranberries. I ended up googling a recipe that worked with dried cranberries. And something told me to "Cook your bread tonight!" So I did. 


The ONLY thing that was going to throw me for a loop was "zesting an orange." I don't have anything to zest an orange with. I had to google other options. A pairing knife or potato peeler. I have both of those. 


I measured everything out into bowls, like they do on TV, LOL. [Took a detour to put the kid to sleep] Came back and started mixing and'a mingling!   

 

I thought, or really wasn't sure, I would use both loaf pans. Turns out, I only needed one. Set it to bake for 1hour and let it go. At around 45 minutes it, we started smelling it. SATIM (toothpick) and it wasn't ready. 


But ooooh, when that 1 hour hit! YUM YUM YUM... it looks so good! 


How does it taste? I'll have to tell ya later! I'm sleepy now! 

Comments

Popular Posts